Alice is Co-Head of Shanghai Litigation Team at Lusheng Law Firm.
Alice is Co-Head of Shanghai Litigation Team of Lusheng Shanghai Branch. She has been practising IP law for fifteen years and has a legal education background in China and the UK.
Alice advises on contentious and non-contentious Intellectual Property (IP) matters, covering all varsities of trade mark, trade name, trade secret, domain name, copyright, design, and patent for clients in multifarious industries, including technology, digital & internet, chemicals & pharmaceutical, manufacturing & engineering, FMCG, entertainment, hotel services and luxury goods. Alice is experienced in advising on IP strategies and managing IP enforcement programmes in China, with a focus on trade mark, unfair competition and copyright enforcement projects. Alice has handled landmark cases in China, which received awards from courts and industrial organisations.
- Copyright infringement litigation against a licensee using cartoon image beyond the scope of licensing – Top 10 Judicial Protection Cases of Intellectual Property Rights of Shanghai Courts 2019
- Trademark infringement and unfair competition litigation (New Balance vs New Boom), obtaining an interim injunction and a damages award of RMB 10 million – Top 10 National IP cases 2018;
- Unfair competition litigation (New Balance vs New Barlun), obtaining a damages award of RMB10.8 million, which aroused great media attention and was considered to be one of the most significant cases representing China’s solid judicial IP protection to the international brands.
- Copyright infringing and unfair competition litigation involving commercial use of work names on behalf of a global film & television company, obtaining a damages award of RMB 1.2 million – Top 10 Ningbo IP cases 2018;
- Collective trademark infringement litigation – as a typical case listed on Shanghai IP Court’s website and included in Professor Wang Qian’s book Power and Interest: The Case of Intellectual Property Protection Apocalypse;
- B&Q vs Quanzhou Baianju Decoration Market Co., Ltd. involving trade name disputes – Top 10 Fuzhou IP cases 2010-2012;
- Trademark infringement litigation against a distributor of counterfeits, obtaining the highest statutory damages – Top 10 Shanghai IP cases 2007;
- Trademark cases involving well-known trademark recognition.
- PRC licensed lawyer
- LL.M., University of Essex, UK
- LL.B., Zhejiang University, China